Woodworker/Shop Hand APPLY NOW
JOB POSITION: Woodworker/Shop Hand
WHO WE ARE: Legacies of America Woodworking Co. builds military & first responders shadow boxes, flag display cases, as well as challenge coin racks, and plaques. All our products are handcraft with REAL hardwoods, by U.S. Military Veterans.
YOUR MISSION: This job listing is for a woodworker position in the production shop, milling, building, and finishing these products. Take pride in your work, by becoming one of our team members, and building a product that honors and supports those who serve.
YOUR SKILLSETS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a U.S. Military Veteran with honorable discharge (Form DD214 required for validation)
- Education: Minimum of High School Diploma
- Familiarization with woodworking machinery to include: Table Saw, Jointer, Planer, Drum Sander, Radial Arm Saw, Band Saw, Shaper/Router Table, Miter Saw, Drill Press & Dust Collection System.
- Knowledge of how to use these machines properly and safely. Must be able to prepare and setup machines & tooling for woodworking operations and identify and select the proper tool for completing the job.
- Knowledge on how to use hand tools, both power & manual, to include: Palm Sander, Trim Router, Power Drills, Hand Planes, Scrapers, Gauges, Squares, Tape Measure.
- Understand detailed drawings, schematics, shop drawings, and/or blueprints. The ability to learn Company S.O.P.’s (Standard Operating Procedures) to include step by step instructions of how to craft and build the product. Must be able to ensure that products meet industry standards and project specifications, adjusting, as necessary.
- Familiarity in applying wood lacquer finishes to include water based and oil sprays (this includes aerosol or HVLP sprayed applications)
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment throughout daily operations. Required to perform cleaning tasks to include: sweeping, mopping; emptying garbage and scrap wood bins; maintain a manageable work area, specifically work benches and counter spaces.
- Strong ability to multitask with attention to detail
- Frequently move up to 50 lbs of materials, when loading/restocking lumber racks as needed, as well as carrying lumber from lumber racks to machinery and loading lumber into/onto machinery.
- Basic knowledge of computer usage (for payroll, time keeping, operational purposes)
- 3 day weekend every week. This job position schedule in Monday – Thursday 8am-5pm
- Paid Federal Holidays off.
- Being part of an amazing team with American values-based culture built on freedom, integrity, respect, accountability, and commitment to serve those who have served.
* This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.*|||Helena, Montana|||||||||wlvt-mAdXW7qteWp|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||17.50|||||||||true